It’s 2018 aanddd I am fully excited to see what’s in store for me this year. A lot had happened in the previous year, must I say, it taught me a lot of lessons. Lessons that surely made deep concussion within me. With every storm comes the radiant rainbow, and that rainbow is 2018!!!
So, for a fresh start this year, I made a list of what I must do in order to claim that promised year! This list ought to help me thrive and succeed this year, not just survive. Dream big, you know. Hehe, here comes my list:
1. Stay calm and Don’t hurry. I know this is common for everyone but this thing is not common for a girl who has panic attacks like me. I want to achieve a lot this year that sometimes this wanting leads me to overthinking, thus, ruining everything for me. So I am practicing to stay calm and perceive better to not hurry. As a medical student, I will try to stay calmer to produce better outcomes in my grades.
2. Enjoy life. Sometimes my introverted self tends to get in the way that I didn’t go when people invite me for some lunch or even hanging out. Even when I wanted to, I always try to reason out in my head that I want to stay indoors more. In the end, I have turned down a lot of invites. This 2018, I’ll try to join my friends when they invite me and try to enjoy other people’s company. Life is meant to be shared anyway.
3. Write more, post more, share more. This one sounds cool; I really want to improve myself when it comes to this. Obviously, 2018 will be a lot year of adjustment and letting go for me so I will try to write more, post more about my life or basically about what’s on my mind, and share more about my day with friends or about my lessons I learned that day. More like giving people the updates I want to share.
4. Meditate. Ughhh, still my best to-do task out of it all. I have tried meditating way back the first chapter of my first semester but I slowly detached from doing so because you know, cramming will always be my best opponent in medical school. Hehe, this time I want to take it seriously. I want my mindfulness to increase vastly so my concentration will also increase. Good health, good mind.
5. Journaling. As a Christian, I write journal everyday or what we call “Quiet Time”. It’s our way of talking with GOD. But it’s different from ranting about how your day went because it’s all about praises and worship for Him solely. Let’s say that is my walk with God. So this year, I will have my daily walk with life dressed as a diary or journal wherein I can keep my updates about what really happened to me everyday and also to see progress about my daily life. Also in here I’ll include the “3-things-I’m-grateful-for” daily reminder. This gives me the upper hand when I weigh the good things over the bad things every day. Hitting a bird with two stones, journaling can also improve my relationship with God and people.
6. Smile more, breathe more. Do whatever makes me happy. I mean, really do what makes me happy. Write often. Study harder. Let go of the things that hinder me to reach my highest potential. Don’t listen to anyone’s advices unless I asked for it. Life is short to worry more. Life is temporary to hold grudges. Just. Enjoy. Life.
7. Impress God, not others. This one is my mantra in life now. Nothing really matters in this life but being good. So good others will feel guilty of badmouthing me. This year, I must throw myself to the wall without punching the wall afterwards. No more regrets, instead I will love unconditionally. Do good, serve good, be good.
2018 is my promised year because I truly believe this is the year of redemption. More happiness, wisdom, peace, financial provision, gouod relationships, adventures, unexpected blessings and opportunities are overflowing for me this year 2018. What do you also believe in? What are yours? 🙂 adventures, unexpected blessings and opportunities are overflowing for me this year 2018. What do you also believe in? What are yours? 🙂